Monday, April 26, 2010
Green Driving = Save gasoline
How can you save gasoline/diesel?
Drive the right car.
See the list of dirtiest cars:
Jeep Gran Cherokee
Dodge Ram 1500
1) Check your tire pressure (ask tire shop)
Low tire pressure works like a brake
- you need more gasoline/diesel
2) Check how much unnecessary things/weight you have in your car.
Every pound raises your gasoline consumption.
3) Check your air filter
An engine needs air to burn the gasoline/diesel
When the air filter is clogged up, the engine has to suck harder and you need more gasoline/diesel
4) Think about how fast you drive
The faster you drive the more gasoline/diesel you burn
Our recycling truck gets 18 mi/gallon
when we drive 70 mph
BUT it run 22 miles a gallon
when we drive 53 mph
Sure, it takes more time, but just take your calculator
When you have to drive 35 miles with 70 mph
you need 1/2 an hour or 30 minutes
Now, you want to save gasoline/diesel and
you lower your speed to 53 mph
you will drive 9 minutes longer
5) Think about using synthetic oil for your engine
Synthetic oil provides less friction
less friction =
less gasoline/diesel usage
6) Think ahead when you drive and
you will save gasoline/diesel
Don't speed to the next light
When you see it is red, take your foot from the pedal
Every time you hit the brakes, you destroy energy = your money.
7) Save a lot of gasoline when reducing the time you idle your engine
The good thing about green driving is
that you save a lot of money and
eco friendly Driving
helps our environment!
Karolina Noor 12B